RETAIL SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Retail Manager
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Retail Managers with the day to day operations of the Rock Shop, ensuring guest satisfaction, while contributing to the business growth and ensuring all standards and legal obligations are followed.
PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING TASKS ON AN ON-GOING BASIS:
- Greets employees as they begin their shift to promote an atmosphere.
- Continuously provides employees with verbal recognition, direction, and support.
- Motivate employees daily by having a positive attitude and having an open line of communication
- Communicates with employees to keep them informed or restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures.
- Communicates with managers to evaluate work procedures, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that have arisen.
- Trains and empowers employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding guest service satisfaction by adhering to company training standards
- Monitors/coaches employees on performance, compliance with procedures and workload.
- Uses daily retail R.A.P. Sheet to communicate goals and emerging business trends.
- Informs management of employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce.
- Ensure employees follow safety, sanitation and security procedures.
- Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from customers, employees and other managers to gain an understanding of areas of strength and opportunity to improve personal/restaurant performance.
- Prepares retail staff for shift via Soundcheck and ensures the Rock Shop is ready to open and run successfully according to standards.
- Schedules breaks and zone assignments for Retail employees during the shift.
- Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate employees, volume or other emerging trends.
SALES AND PROFITS:
- Opens & closes the retail store.
- Completes Opening and/or Closing Checklists.
- Balances staffing levels to achieve a cost-effective plan for running the Rock Shop.
- Evaluates condition of fixtures and physical characteristics of Rock Shop via BPE. Fixes minor equipment problems (light bulbs) or calls for maintenance assistance when necessary.
- Inspects product levels and storage areas to determine if enough product is on-hand; and to maintain proper storage.
- Organize visual merchandise displays in order to increase foot traffic and sales.
- Observes employees while they stock, assist guests, ring up sales, etc. to ensure adherence to policy and positive guest experience. Evaluate staff via the usage of RSA scorecard.
- Assist management with, and help prepare for retail inventory (when applicable).
- Conducts retail product Pull Lists to fill in back stock.
- Double checks RSA banks and deposits at checkouts before manager validates and enters into safe.
- Ensures that staff is filling out the R.A.P. Sheet upon completion of their shift.
- Review retail employee S.O.A.P. reports and other information regarding sales performance.
- Monitors employees’ behavior and checks retail count balances to keep honest employees honest.
- Supervises deliveries by validating invoices, counting and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and standards.
- Communicates with other managers to ensure that all assigned duties of retail store were completed up to standard, and that the store is in showroom quality and ready to open for business at the end of every business day.
- Contributes to stores financial growth through driving sales, managing expenses and implementing plans for increased profitability.
- Assists in thetraining and retention of store staff in sales to deliver exemplary customer service and meet sales goals.
- Builds the business by thinking of new ways to help promote new programs that will help increase sales and profits
- Practices honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Coaching and Development
- Impacting and Influencing
- Encourage EVERYONE to maximize their potential
- Two Year high volume supervisor experience
- Top performer and trainer within department. Full time employee.
- Proficiency communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English, bilingual preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to move throughout the restaurant and retail store (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to move objects (lift, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat (greater than 90 F), cold (less than 40 F), chemicals, and a loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to operate potentially hazardous equipment.